This is something I find myself answering a lot. Excuse the snarky introduction to this post, my real goal here is to attempt to clarify what will and will not "work" with WordPress. So, to answer the question, "will this work With WordPress?!?!"...
Yeah, it will.
Find some technique about CSS rounded corners? Yes, that will work with WordPress. Find some technique for doing client-side form validation? Yes, that will work with WordPress. Wanna write your own contact form? Go for it, WordPress won't mind.
So 95% of all the times I hear people asking if something will work in WordPress, it's a front-end technique that absolutely will. The other 5% are questions regarding server-side technologies. Can you run WordPress as a Python application? Uhm, no. Can you use a PostgreSQL database instead of MySQL. More reasonable request but, no. Can you use Less CSS with WordPress? That requires Ruby. It's not impossible to run both Ruby and PHP on a server so yes, theoretically that's possible although I haven't tested it.
All this jibber jabber to hopefully get one small point across. WordPress doesn't care what you do on the front-end.