All new dark cover and dark coil for version 3!
Over 400 Pages of Practical Information
There is much to learn about the World’s most popular publishing platform. From your first steps of learning about WordPress all the way through securing, customizing, and maintaining your site into the future, this book is packed with truly practical information.
Full color throughout the book
Beautiful Custom Design
Design-wise, Digging into WordPress is a beautiful book: every page of the book is printed with stunning digital-color precision on gloss-finish paper, with color-coded chapters to provide quick navigation. Text is displayed in large, clear typography, so each page is easy on the eyes and easy to read.
Fancy useful charts
Lots of Code Samples
We go into depth about the anatomy of WordPress themes, how they work, and how to write the code you need to do the things you want. This means real code that you can sink your teeth into, as well as copy & paste. You’ll also learn many WP tricks and ways to improve performance and security with .htaccess.
Color coded sections
A Lifetime Subscription
When you buy this book, you will instantly get the most current version. But also, you are getting a free lifetime subscription to all updated (PDF) copies of the book, as well as all exclusive themes and bonus material. Current versions are always available for immediate download in the Members Area.
Spiral bound! The book stays flat while working at the computer.
About the Authors
Written by Chris Coyier and Jeff Starr, real-life web developers who “eat their own dog food” when it comes to talking about WordPress. Collectively, they have over a decade of experience designing awesome websites, with well over 100 of them built with WordPress. Learn more about Chris and Jeff.
Print & PDF
Digging Into WordPress is available in two formats: print and PDF. All printed copies of the book include a free PDF version that you can read on your computer (or you can buy the PDF version alone). We know it’s nice to have a real book to hold in your hands, but the PDF is also great for three big reasons:
- Hyperlinked. All the many URLs in the book you can just click to go to the web page referenced. There is also internal linking — you can click links in the table of contents to jump to those sections.
- Copy & Paste code. Much easier to grab code via copy & paste than retyping from scratch. Of course the page numbers in the book and PDF match, so if you are reading the book you can jump over to the PDF and go to that page to copy and paste. You’ll always know exactly where to find the code.
- Search. Using your PDF reader’s search feature it’s fast and easy to find what you are looking for.
Try the Demo
The PDF Demo features the entire Table of Contents and part of Chapter 3:
Purchase of either version of the book includes access to all of our exclusive WordPress themes:
You can try out our exclusive (and free) WordPress themes at the DigWP Theme Clubhouse.
Supplemental Bonus Content
Book purchase includes a supplemental PDF packed with more awesome content: WordPress features, update information, bonus tricks, and more. The Bonus PDF may be downloaded anytime from the Members Area.
Alternate Book Formats
Both versions of the book also include free bonus material including alternate PDF formats, ‘widescreen’ and ‘lite’. The widescreen version displays with two-up layout, so pages appear side by side like a real book. The lite version is optimized to a smaller file size for portable devices.
- PDF Version: Grants you a single user-license that includes free updates for the life of the book, plus all exclusive themes and bonus materials. Note: exclusive deals thru sites like AppSumo & MightyDeals may exclude the lifetime updates, themes, and extras.
- Print Version: The print version includes a FREE copy of the PDF ($27 value). Purchase of either version gives you access to the PDF, lifetime updates, exclusive themes, and all extras.
- Shipping: Each book ships separately in its own box. Shipping within the US is $8. International shipping is $25. All books ship with insurance, tracking, and delivery confirmation. Note: shipping is calculated during checkout. Contact us with any questions.
- Bundle Deals: Check out the Book Store at WP-Tao.com to save on Digging Into WordPress with purchase of The Tao of WordPress or .htaccess made easy.
- Bulk Discounts: Contact us to save on bulk purchases and special orders.